Associate Components Engineer
Clear Ballot has revolutionized the Govtech space with a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy, and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb, and when we enter a state, our market share quickly exceeds 50%. While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with staff in Colorado, Oregon, Washington State, Florida, and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds paired with leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
Our growing team has an immediate need in our Boston office for an entry-level/early career Associate Components Engineer in our Product Management organization. As an Associate Components Engineer, you will be at the center of maintaining Clear Ballot as the leader of commercial-off-the-shelf based voting systems. The list of materials in our voting systems is broad and dynamic; and you will be accountable for staying ahead of vendor product roadmaps, leading the identification and evaluation of new technologies and products from those vendors, identifying new sources of components, then managing new models and products through introduction, test, internal training and deployment. You may also perform manufacturing engineering duties and vendor surveys. The successful candidate will be managing finished goods and subassemblies such as computers, printers, and scanners- not board level components.
- Becoming familiar with Clear Ballot products and their components, the associated suppliers, along with lead-time and cost trends in the larger electromechanical component market
- Becoming familiar with federal regulations associated with the electromechanical aspects of voting systems
- Monitoring and proactively managing vendor new product introduction, end of life, and introduction of new system components to Clear Ballot
- Participating in Design Reviews, Product Management Reviews, Proposal formation, and Compliance. Calling meetings with departments such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Management and Quality Assurance to resolve issues pertaining to component selection and use on an event driven and periodic basis
- Working with Quality Assurance team to test candidate components
- Working with the Certification department to test new components at laboratories accredited by the federal government, then moving those components into an approved status within Clear Ballot
- Serving as an internal supplier to a number of departments, particularly Proposals, Customer Training, and Field Operations to disposition end of life components and seamlessly introduce new components
- Searching for new technologies and vendors. Recommending and selecting suitable vendors consistent with product requirements
- Working with Documentation to manage Approved Parts Lists and associated List of Materials
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology or related field required
- 0-3 years of experience with component engineering, costing, and supplier relationships
- Ability to manage the intersection of several departments’ activities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of technology trends and the evolution of hardware and operating systems
- Business, finance, or similar coursework alongside technical coursework is a plus
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to professional development and advancement and believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.