Full-Stack Software Engineer
Clear Ballot has developed and deployed innovative election software paired with advanced hardware to create a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb and, when we enter a State, our market share quickly exceeds 50%.
While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with offices in Colorado, Oregon, Florida and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds and leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
- Responsible for the ongoing evolution of ClearVote, the nation’s first modern voting system, including design, development, and along with QA, systems integration testing.
- Work in a team with other developers to build highly secure, high-performance enterprise level applications that present in a web interface.
- Write clean, well-organized, well-commented code, following industry standard coding practices.
- Enhance and refactor existing code with goal of improving performance, resilience, security and maintainability.
- Mentor junior developers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 10 years or more experience in building performant, secure and maintainable back end systems.
- Experience with Linux, Python, SQL and MySQL, jQuery.
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent).
- Ability to articulate and communicate technical concepts.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to professional development and advancement and believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re curious, a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly, someone who will share our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.