Senior QA Automation Engineer
Clear Ballot has revolutionized the Govtech space with a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy, and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb, and when we enter a state, our market share quickly exceeds 50%. While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with staff in Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Maryland, and British Columbia.
We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds paired with leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to harness technology to advance the future of elections.
About Our Engineering Team:
What You’ll Do:
You’ll work closely with a team of software engineers, quality assurance professionals, technical writers, and product managers to develop ClearVote, the nation’s first modern voting system. As part of the team, you’ll write code that automates quality assurance tests in our voting system and implement tools for doing end-to-end, performance, and data quality tests. You’ll contribute to managing our test cases in a way that is transparent, collaborative, and helps us meet the regulatory and certification requirements of our customers.
You’ll Be Successful If:
- You have 4-6 years of hands-on experience writing software to automate quality assurance testing. If you have fewer years of experience, you have pushed yourself to quickly grow your technical and collaboration skills. We use Python, but we are open to engineers whose experience is primarily in other language ecosystems (e.g., Java, C++).
- You are skilled with modern test automation frameworks (e.g., Selenium) and with writing your own test tools.
- You love working with teammates to dig in to the details of user stories/features and to translate those into test plans.
- You invest your time to keep up with innovation in software quality assurance, and constantly look for ways to improve the team’s approach.
- You are experienced with managing and tracking automated and manual test cases using test case management software (e.g., TestRail, Hiptest, or TTS)
- You know how to accurately perform manual testing and can own a manual testing process when the situation calls for it.
- You have experience working in collaborative, agile software development teams.
- You have a passion for finding bugs and tricky edge cases and take ownership of the quality of your products.
- You’re a committed, collaborative, communicative teammate.
You’ll Be Amazing If You Are Everything Above, Plus:
- You have worked in GovTech, or another technology industry with regulatory or certification constraints.
- You have a passion for people and have mentored quality assurance engineers.
- You have experience with Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development paradigms.
- You have served as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or similar key role on an agile team.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.