Senior Technical Trainer
Clear Ballot has developed innovative election software paired with advanced hardware to create a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy and transparency to elections. While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with offices in British Columbia, Oregon, Colorado, and Florida. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds and leading election industry veterans, who have all joined Clear Ballot to help advance the future of voting.
Training courses and learning materials support users whose skills range the technical spectrum and include laypersons (pollworkers), election officials, and system administrators. Our small and growing documentation and training team has an immediate need for a new member with intermediate-to-senior experience in:
- Instructional design
- Development of learning curricula
- Production of training materials
- Hands-on, customer facing training
Generally, the training department, technical staff, and operations staff provide training at the customer’s site. We need an instructional designer and trainer who can analyze the learners and materials, and establish an appropriately targeted learning program. The opportunity exists to develop computer based training as an enhancement to our learning curriculum.
- Lead Clear Ballot efforts to establish ourselves as the leader of customer training in the elections industry through the development of content rich, multimedia training curricula, deployment methods, and provision of training.
- Work collaboratively with technical writers and the other groups within Clear Ballot to produce and deploy learning materials.
- Learn how voting systems are installed and deployed by jurisdictions and how these vary across the United States.
- Develop appropriate learning materials for target audiences: voters, poll workers, election officials and their technical staff.
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable through prose and graphics.
- Adapt easily to multitasking and constant change.
- Adhere and contribute to standards and information architecture for learning materials.
- Respond to requests for updates and new learning materials as both products and customer needs evolve.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least five years developing customer training programs for hardware and software based systems.
- Intermediate to senior proficiency in training learning-management and content-delivery systems, including computer-based training.
- Demonstrated experience developing customer training programs from the ground up.
- 1-2 years minimum hands-on experience with Madcap Flare (negotiable).
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience developing and deploying customer training that is subject to regulatory approval by governmental agencies.
- Ability to develop training programs and provide tactical training to a variety of end customers: technical, semi-technical, laypersons.
- Ability to write simply and self-edit.
- High energy, self-motivated, team player.
- Willingness to travel to customer locations to deliver in person training approximately 25% of the time.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to professional development and advancement and believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly. If you’re a hard worker, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly a voter we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.