State Election Technology Associate
Clear Ballot has revolutionized the Govtech space with a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy, and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb, and when we enter a state, our market share quickly exceeds 50%. While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with staff in Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Florida, and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds paired with leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
Our growing team has an immediate need for a new member to manage testing, approval and certification campaigns of election technology in new states. This position works directly with State Government to test and approve voting systems. Certification and approval is key to success in the election systems domain. Diplomacy and empathy alongside professional and tactful communications are key contributors to smooth state certification campaigns of new election technology. All voting system components (ballot layout, in-person voting, absentee voting, results reporting and audit) and their associated documentation are certified by state agencies; evaluation is performed by demanding government laboratories. Requirements vary across the States; and these requirements are found in statute, Rule, by written and oral tradition, and sometimes are ambiguous and even unwritten. Attention to detail is paramount to success.
- Research State statute, Rule and other Secretary of State or State Board of Elections publications to develop a catalog of requirements for a given target State. Work with Product Management to manifest needed changes to the product.
- Where requirements are unclear or it is otherwise indicated, work with Sales or Customer Success to interview customers or prospects to obtain additional detail regarding requirements, up to performing system demonstrations at customer sites.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product Management, and other corporate functions to develop target States and understand our products’ compliance level with State requirements.
- Develop deep understanding of the federal regulations governing voting systems, and how these relate to State certification.
- Coordinate preparation for on-site State testing – equipment, people, supplies, election coding. Set up the ClearVote system hardware for on-site State testing/demonstrations. Code small elections in ClearDesign when needed. Give product demonstrations at a level where all but deep technical questions can be answered in real time. Discern when additional Clear Ballot staff will be needed at a test site or demonstration and ensure their presence via teleconference or in person as appropriate to ensure any questions are answered.
- Quickly grasp complex personal and technical concepts and react as needed to keep test campaigns on track. Take proactive measures to avoid difficulties when possible. Deal gracefully with multitasking, difficult situations, and constant change. Communicate proactively with State officials.
- Adhere and contribute to the Company information architecture and repository process.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to read statutory and similar language and interpret requirements from these, obtaining technical assistance when needed.
- Professional communication style, showing empathy and sensitivity, and desire to create win-win where possible.
- Product Presentation skills
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Project Management software, MS Office, digital photography
- 50% travel is required, Monday through Friday.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with products or programs in government or subject to regulatory approval by governmental agencies
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
If you’re a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.