Clear Ballot has developed and deployed innovative election software paired with advanced hardware to create a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb and, when we enter a State, our market share quickly exceeds 50%.
While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with offices in Colorado, Oregon, Florida and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds and leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer who has both a technical and services/support background which enables them to quickly assess customer needs and offer value to Clear Ballot’s customers. The Systems Engineer will gain a deep understanding of how Clear Ballot’s products operate and their optimal configuration to build a streamlined installation process of the Clear Vote election system. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the implementation and expansion of our systems. They will be able to work directly with customers, display innovation, think conceptually and act tactically to build consensus around system installation and enhancement and meet deadlines.
- Oversee the installation of new hardware and software
- Install and configure operating systems and Clear Ballot software and routinely test installed software for troubleshooting and staging
- Collaborate with Clear Ballot project teams and customers to ensure smooth and reliable operation of Clear Vote systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Create and maintain installation procedures and documentation as it relates to system configuration mapping, processes and service records
- Keep up to date as the technologies around memory, processors, operating systems, and peripherals improve and suggest updates to ClearVote component selection
- Propose methods to expedite installation and update processes through imaging or other automation methods
- Provide customer feedback and input to product management for roadmap consideration
- Provide Tier 2 customer support as needed during peak times (election season)
- Participate in the development of and upgrade to new and/or improved systems, equipment, and procedures
- Collaborate with Clear Ballot hardware and software partners to meet system requirements and to plan customer upgrades
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Proven track record of successful installation and maintenance of Windows and LINUX-based software
- Familiarity using Microsoft Project
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Be familiar with technology trends and the evolution of hardware and operating systems
- Willingness to travel 30-40% of time to customer installation sites, hardware partners and/or CB warehouse
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with customer support systems such as Desk
- Familiarity with bug tracking systems such as Trac or Jira
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to professional development and advancement and believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly. If you’re a hard worker, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly a voter we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.