Voices across the country are not equitable. Public trust in elections is challenged like never before. The elections technology market is an oligopoly that has stifled innovation.
The odds are stacked, but Clear Ballot rises to the challenge with a simple goal: Let’s create technology that empowers our customers to improve democracy.
Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, with voting being our greatest freedom. While most Americans across the country watch and read about elections, Clear Ballot lives them. A great election includes secure, reliable tabulation equipment, full transparency of the process, and the ability to audit the results. Our mission is to surpass those expectations in a way that will raise the bar for the entire election technology industry
Clear Ballot is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be a key contributor to our voting system products, including the ClearVote™ suite. In this role…
- You will design and implement technical solutions that solve election industry challenges that promote transparency, accessibility, auditability, and security.
- You will work closely with the Product Management and Engineering Management teams to plan and execute software release schedules.
- You will be a contributor on a cross-functional agile team of Software Developers, QA engineers, Technical Writers, and Product Managers and be expected to understand and design for interactions between hardware and software.
- You will help drive clarity in our sprint planning meetings and contribute to task definition, prioritization, estimation, and assignment.
- You will drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks and suggesting updated plans when appropriate.
- Invest your time to keep up with innovation in software engineering, and constantly look for ways to improve the team’s technical and organizational approaches.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer will have:
- 2+ years of experience with modern front-end frameworks
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases.
- 2+ years of experience using git, modern issue tracking systems (e.g. Jira), and CI/CD and code repository tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, GitLab).
- Experience working in collaborative, agile software development teams.
- A track record as a collaborative, communicative teammate, and an excellent mentor to other engineers.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Our talented team and driven investors share a passion for solving problems and restoring confidence in America’s democratic process. We are looking for energetic professionals to join us in this mission.
Take a minute and ask yourself this question: Do you care about increasing transparency in elections, defending a fair democratic process, and innovating for public good?
If the answer is a resounding "YES!", we want you to join our team. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be in touch.