Our nation’s elections are being challenged like never before, and the elections industry has historically stifled innovation to improve voting technology. As the first newcomer in the industry in the last 30 years, Clear Ballot rises to the challenge with a simple goal: Let’s create technology that empowers our customers to improve democracy.
Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, with voting being our greatest freedom. While most Americans across the country watch and read about elections, Clear Ballot lives them. A great election includes secure, reliable tabulation equipment, full transparency of the process in which ballots are created and cast, and the ability to audit the results. Our mission is to surpass those expectations in a way that will raise the bar for the entire election technology industry.
The Senior Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions at Clear Ballot. This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance and will assist with hiring and training a staff accountant.
Responsibilities: the primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Vouching AP, issuing invoices, AR dunning, expense review, general bookkeeping, etc. while staff accountant is hired/trained
- Establishing internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation
- Overseeing preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Further developing and overseeing the monthly close and production of periodic financial reports ensuring that the reported results comply with GAAP and financial reporting standards
- Tax planning through the fiscal year and providing information needed to complete the annual filings
- Auditing accounts to ensure accuracy of data. Coordinating with outside auditors and providing needed information for the annual external audit
- Presenting recommendations to management on short and long-term financial objectives and policies
- Providing financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Preparing sales tax reporting
- Collaboration with other department heads to understand cash flows and timing of financial needs
- Collaboration with staff accountant, providing mentorship and growth opportunities
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Financial analysis skills and advanced proficiency with Excel
- Proficient in accounting software and familiarity with tax rules and regulations
- Excellent management, supervisory, communication, organization and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- CPA preferred
- 6+ years of related accounting experience
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Our talented team and driven investors share a passion for solving problems and restoring confidence in America’s democratic process. We are looking for energetic professionals to join us in this mission.
Take a minute and ask yourself this question: Do you care about increasing transparency in elections, defending a fair democratic process, and innovating for public good?
If the answer is a resounding "YES!", we want you to join our team. Please email your resume to email@example.com.