Our nation’s elections are being challenged like never before, and the elections industry has historically stifled innovation to improve voting technology. As the first newcomer in the industry in the last 30 years, Clear Ballot rises to the challenge with a simple goal: Let’s create technology that empowers our customers to improve democracy.
Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, with voting being our greatest freedom. While most Americans across the country watch and read about elections, Clear Ballot lives them. A great election includes secure, reliable tabulation equipment, full transparency of the process in which ballots are created and cast, and the ability to audit the results. Our mission is to surpass those expectations in a way that will raise the bar for the entire election technology industry.
This position is a hybrid combination of remote and in person from either our offices in Boston, MA or Nashua, NH.
Clear Ballot is seeking a technically inclined QA engineer to help ensure the quality of our ClearVote™ and ClearAudit™ product releases. In this role, you’ll:
- Write Python scripts to test our API endpoints. Be comfortable using shell scripts and querying databases, reading and filtering logs.
- Perform manual testing as required, and plan and write test cases in TestFLO
- Work on a cross-functional team to validate quality through executing the product’s test plans and through ad-hoc testing where needed.
- Ensure that our certified products meet all federal and state requirements, and that non-certified products meet high standards of both quality and usability.
- Validate technical documentation to ensure conformance to system requirement specifications and applicable regulations.
- Communicate bugs, issues, enhancement requests, and complaints to the rest of the team, and document them in Jira.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal QA Engineer will have:
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of quality assurance best practices gained through 3+ years in hands-on experience in QA roles.
- Good knowledge of Python scripting. Shell scripting, powershell, API testing (Postman, etc) also recommended.
- Experience with back-end testing, basic SQL, basic bash, reading logs.
- Experience with test automation and load/stress testing, or a drive to learn how to contribute to test automation and load/stress testing.
- Experience defining, managing, and executing test cases and test plans for complex systems.
- Solid writing skills including the ability to document test cases that will be consumed by third-party organizations.
- A passion for finding bugs and tricky edge cases, a problem-solver’s mentality and a desire to take ownership of the quality of your products.
- A strong knowledge of software lifecycle processes and methodologies, including Agile methodologies.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and dedicated to professional development and advancement. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Our talented team and driven investors share a passion for solving problems and restoring confidence in America’s democratic process. We are looking for energetic professionals to join us in this mission.
Take a minute and ask yourself this question: Do you care about increasing transparency in elections, defending a fair democratic process, and innovating for public good?
If the answer is a resounding "YES!", we want you to join our team. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be in touch.